ShareThis

Friday, August 6, 2010

7-7-10 The passing away of Hindraf Tata



Dedicated to Tharumalingam – also known as the Hindraf Taata who died 8.55am today. My condolences to Ms Uma Devi for being there, by his side, brave and with clarity..

I miss the hug of the white bearded man
It was campaign time
I spoke about the ISA and the need for change
The bearded white man came by
He covered my red t-shirt with an orange banner
I stood dumbfounded, as Makkal Sakti’s orange overshadowed me
I looked at the banner, and it called for ISA to be abolished

Months after months
Election was over, the excitement was over
But the white bearded man still came by
He hugged me at every occasion
Sending renewed energy to my nerves system
For him, the struggle is not over

While many had retired after the tsunami
While others had decided that it is time to prosper
As the splits in Hindraf took its toll
While grumblings and whispering filled the days
But the white bearded man still came by
He hugged me and all others at every occasion
For him, the struggle is not over

Today, I came by the white bearded man
But He did not hug me today
He had his orange anti-ISA banner by his side
For him, the struggle is not over
All around, people spoke about this white bearded man
His life and his deeds
For him, we shall struggle on

Arul
10.25pm 7 July 2010

No comments: